Homeschooling provides families with the opportunity to customize their child’s education and instill a love for learning. For science enthusiasts, there are many homeschool curriculum programs available that offer unique and engaging approaches to teaching science. From hands-on, project-based methods to online, interactive courses, there’s something for every family and student. To help you find the right fit, we’ve compiled a list of 20 of the best science homeschool curriculum programs on the market.
I hope you enjoy reading this blog post. If you want to do my course on how to homeschool, click here.
By the way, if you are a newcomer to homeschooling, I highly suggest enrolling in the Homeschool Parenting Program. This program will provide you with comprehensive knowledge of homeschooling, ensuring that you feel confident and at ease. The course is both engaging and enlightening.
Affiliate links are used on this website.
20 Best Science Homeschool Curriculum Programs and Packages
#1: Apologia Educational Ministries
Apologia is a program that has excellent reviews and is probably the best science homeschool curriculum around today.
It offers a comprehensive, Christian-based creation science curriculum that covers biology, chemistry, physics, and more.
This program is designed to align with a biblical worldview, presenting science in a way that is consistent with a literal interpretation of the Bible.
From a Christian perspective, the “Apologia” science program can be seen as a positive option for families who are looking for a science curriculum that aligns with their religious beliefs.
This program is primarily offered in book format, with separate textbooks for different scientific subjects.
The textbooks are written in a conversational style and include illustrations, diagrams, and hands-on activities to help students understand the concepts covered (Apologia is known for being interactive and hands-on).
The curriculum is designed to be used as a self-paced homeschooling resource, with detailed lesson plans and instructions for the activities included in each textbook.
In addition to the print materials, Apologia also offers a variety of complementary resources, including audio CDs, online classes, and live webinars, to support students and parents using the curriculum.
Check them out here.
More of the Best Science Homeschool Curriculum Programs
- Apologia – as mentioned above.
- Answers in Genesis – A creationist science curriculum that offers a biblical perspective on science and the natural world.
- Compass Classroom – A Christian curriculum that offers a variety of science courses, including biology, chemistry, and physics. Very entertaining!
- BJU Press – A Christian-based curriculum that offers courses in life science, earth science, and physical science. Also has video lessons so parents can do thier own thing while the child teaches themself.
- Memoria Press – Offers a classical, literature-based science curriculum that covers biology, chemistry, physics, and more.
- Schoolhouse Teachers – A subscription-based service that offers a variety of science courses, including biology, chemistry, and physics. HUGE range of electives.
- Science4Us – An online, interactive science curriculum for K-2 students that covers topics such as earth science, life science, and physical science.
- Real Science-4-Kids – Offers a hands-on, inquiry-based science curriculum that covers biology, chemistry, physics, and more.
- KONOS – A hands-on, character-based science curriculum that covers topics such as life science, earth science, and physical science.
- Lifepac Science – This science homeschool curriculum is a self-paced course with a set of 4 other basic subjects for self-paced learning.
- Sonlight Science – A literature-based science curriculum that covers topics such as biology, chemistry, physics, and more. It uses the literature-based approach.
- Labs-on-Line – Offers a virtual science lab experience that includes hands-on projects and experiments.
- Hands of a Child – Offers a unit study approach to science that includes hands-on projects and experiments.
- Mystery Science – An online science curriculum that focuses on engaging, hands-on science lessons.
- Elemental Science – Offers a comprehensive, secular science curriculum that covers topics such as biology, chemistry, physics, and more.
- Science Shepherd – A Christian-based science curriculum that covers topics such as biology, chemistry, physics, and more.
- Science Curriculum Works – Offers a comprehensive, secular science curriculum that covers topics such as biology, chemistry, physics, and more.
- Little Red School House – Offers a secular, hands-on science curriculum that covers topics such as biology, chemistry, physics, and more.
- Pros and Cons Science – A secular, hands-on science curriculum that covers topics such as biology, chemistry, physics, and more.
- The Well-Trained Mind Science – Offers a classical, literature-based science curriculum that covers topics such as biology, chemistry, physics, and more.
Want to Learn About Homeschooling?
So, you’ve learned a lot about science homeschool curriculum programs.
But you may want to learn more about homeschooling in general. There are two great ways to learn more about homeschooling: one is free, and one is a $67 fundamentals course.
1. The Ultimate Homeschool Parenting Program
Transform your homeschooling experience and take it to the next level with our comprehensive online course.
Led by expert educator Rebecca Devitt, you’ll learn the strategies and techniques you need to succeed in homeschooling. This program is packed with valuable resources, a personalized curriculum, and an effective way to manage your time that will help your children thrive.
You’ll have lifetime access to the course for just $67.
Sign up now and start your journey to a successful homeschooling experience!
2. The Free How to Homeschool YouTube Channel
Want something better than a homeschool blog? Look no further than the How to Homeschool YouTube channel!
This channel is designed to help homeschooling parents with expert tips, educational content, and a wide range of resources.
Whether you’re a seasoned veteran or new to the homeschooling world, you’ll find something valuable on our channel. And the best part? It’s completely free!
I know you’re going to love the channel!
Conclusion on Science Homeschool Curriculum
When it comes to homeschooling and teaching science, there’s no one-size-fits-all approach. With so many options available, it’s important to take the time to research and choose a curriculum that aligns with your educational philosophy and goals. Whether you’re looking for a comprehensive program that covers all areas of science or a specialized curriculum that focuses on a specific subject, there’s a program out there that will meet your needs. With the right curriculum in place, homeschooling can be a fun and educational experience for both you and your child. By exploring the various options, you can ensure that your child develops a deep appreciation and understanding of science and the natural world.
I love comments. Please comment below.