When you homeschool, suddenly you will have a plethora of questions which you never had to deal with when your children attended school (or before they were school age).
This is because you are now the primary person in charge of your child. You’re in charge of their routines and schedules throughout the day and this can seem intimidating, especially if you have 101 questions that need to be answered.
On this page, we’ll try to give you a set of links to answer the most common questions you might have about home education. Click on the link if it’s a question you’re thinking about, and hopefully these answers will help dispel the questions you have.
- Fast answers to common home education questions – this covers the following questions below):
- How to join a homeschooling group
- What qualifications do I need to home educate?
- What are the requirements?
- How do I start home educating?
- Where do I find homeschooling resources?
- How does homeschooling work?
- What is the definition of home education?
- Can you socialize children at home effectively?
- How much does it cost?
- Can I homeschool if I’m not a teacher?
- Why you should keep home educating in high school (as well as primary school)
- Advantages and disadvantages of homeschooling
- Why homeschoolers don’t have a narrower worldview than schoolchildren
- How to convince your husband to homeschool
- How to organize a graduation
- How to motivate teens when they’re not enjoying schoolwork
- What are some good ideas for field trips?
- Should I send my kids to college after home educating?
- How do homeschoolers make friends?
- What are living books?
- Should I use technology in my homeschool? (and the negative effects of technology overuse)
- Homeschool vs public school test scores
- Should I home educate my gifted/disabled/special needs child?
- How do I defend my homeschool gracefully?
- What might my first week’s homeschooling schedule look like?
- What are the different educational methods used today?
Keep checking back at the blog to get more questions answered as I write them. Alternatively, send me a question and (if it’s relevant and I haven’t already written answers to it) I’ll try to write an answer for you in a blog post. 😊